Saturday, May 19, 2012

Awkward & Awesome {1}


(Yay! I'm finally doing one of these posts!)


 Awkward:
-When you're not tall enough to shoot a photo over the tops of people's heads at your sister's piano recital~ and you have to, awkwardly, haul yourself into the wide window sill. And then the picture doesn't really turn out all that great, because of the low light. The black & white filter kind-of redeemed it.

-Seeing a man walking down the sidewalk with hair longer than I've seen on most women. Definitely awkward and gross.

-Going to Payless on the hunt for new shoes to replace my badly worn ones (while wearing them), and having the store employee hovering around while I try shoes on. Because I had to take off my badly worn ones.

-Bad hair days. Simply put.

-Finding yourself driving in the wrong lane on a two way road. And I'm like, "What am I doing?" It's an inside joke, but I call them, ahem, Lizzy moments. (to the rest of the world, blonde moments :D)

Awesome:
-The GORGEOUS weather we have been having and the smell of sweet lilacs perfuming the air. I am convinced that I live in one of the most beautiful places in the world. And I know you would agree. :)



-Wearing, looking at, and adoring afore mentioned new shoes. Come girls, I know you're out there~ buying new pretty footwear for the summer is awesome!

-Finally finding my long lost fiddle book. Boy did I miss it! And all this time that I have been practicing other more classical pieces of music, I can play more of the fiddle tunes than ever, and it's just a blast because of how easy it is. It makes me happy. :)

-Realizing that I'm very much on my way to finishing reading through the Bible for the 8th time. It's been delightful, and I've been so blessed by this precious book!

-Being awarded my first blog award ever~ The Versatile Blogger Award. More on that coming up next!

-Seeing a Sundog, for. the. first. time. It was amazing! Have any of you seen a sundog?

Ring around the sun.

-Having such a lovely blog that I can write on any time~ a place that is done just how I like it, expressing a part of me. And to all of my follower friends, YOU GUYS are awesome! :)

~Dani Marie

P.S. I'm torn between. I love to change my blog around every once in a while, and I'm thinking of doing it again. BUT I'm so in love with the current theme that it will be hard to decide. What do ya'll think? 

6 comments:

Flame of Jah said...

I vote for a change to your blog if you like. I like it when folks change their blog themes from time to time.

Michaela said...

Aren't Awkward and Awesome Thursday's fun!? We have some longer-then-most-women haired men in my town too. *ahem* interesting. ;) And awkward.

Ok. . .so these shoes sound *awesome*. ;) Picture???

Rachel Heffington said...

Ahh! Shoes are my one weakness. ;) I found the most adorable pair of brown high-heel sandals I've ever seen and it is just as well they didn't have them in my size because (1) I didn't have the money, (2) the heels were a leeeetle mite too high for me anyway. ;D

~Gracie said...

I love how you have penny whistle music playing on your blog, you have good taste! =D

Aren't Sundogs AMAZING?!?! I saw one about 4-5 years ago, their gorgeous.

Thank you for your sweet post on my blog =) I've been missing you too!<3
I think I'm going to be using Lindsay as a model for me to practice on =)

Love ya!

~Grace

Aidyl Ewoh said...

I like lilacs!
~Aidyl

S.K. said...

Hello! I've awarded you on my blog. : )