Sunday, November 27, 2011

Saturday Wisdom Search

Rejoice, and be exceeding glad; for your names are written in heaven!

Recently, (over Thanksgiving), I had the God given opportunity to stand as a witness for the truth on facebook. I don't usually do much on facebook except keep in contact with friends, but I do use it as a tool to reach the lost. On this occasion, one of my friends posted a particular picture (having to do with God) on her wall that she thought was hilarious, when in truth, it was a sobering matter. So I lovingly rebuked her and prayed that God would touch her life. Then some of her friends got on there and started to comment and revile God, calling him every filthy name they could think of. But I used my sword with power and grace~ which cut to the quick of their wicked hearts. They went on still, hardening their hearts in their naughtiness. God however, was working, and conviction fell on them. If nothing else, He used my voice to show His mercies to their stony hearts once more, however ungrateful they were. These verses came to mean so much more to me, as I was being persecuted and ridiculed....

Matthew 5:10-12 
 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 
 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. 
 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

 Never ever back down from sharing your faith, whatever it may cost. Christs' church is here on earth for just such a purpose! Forgiveness and love~ when the world sees this, they will know we are Christians! One thing though, is that one of the friends that commented actually gave what to me was a compliment, when she meant it to be a snide remark. She told me, "...and since you're so obsessed with your God...."~ that made me so joyful! That's exactly what I want the world to see in my life! I want them to see that I am indeed obsessed with God, to the point that I care enough about their souls to warn them of the coming judgment, tell them of forgiveness, sin, and repentance. That I count a compliment!!!

So go out and be valiant for Him; fight the good fight of faith, and rejoice~ be exceeding glad when men persecute you, for yours is the kingdom of heaven!


Be encouraged!
~Danielle~

2 comments:

Kristenea said...

May God Bless You, Bright shining one! I Love you!
MOM

Four Young Ladies at Home said...

Danielle, Thank you for sharing! This was encouraging to me - thank you for being a bold witness for Christ! May the LORD bless you and continue to strengthen you to stand up against the world and stay strong for Christ! Thank you again for sharing!
Your Friend
~Dani