Thursday, March 7, 2013

The Dearness of Life


 

Life. True life. The life that shines bright and warm in the midst of trial and hardship. The genuine smile, the kind word, and the unwavering friendship. The life that comes only from a heart and mind given to God, and His blessing on it. It's all that really matters, and it goes beyond the mundane of everyday. I've been keenly realizing this in the last weeks as we've come through some dark moments~ but also, moments of pure joy and charm. Our little ones, our family, bless their hearts~ have become even more dear to me. Their little souls~ the dearness of life.


In the last month: 

We saw our sister off to flight school again, after a rather lengthy and wonderful break here at home. I love and miss that girl so much, words cannot express. Oh for another evening with her, just to talk the night away~ under the covers, snug and warm in our bed. <3

We are seriously house hunting. Not for just another house, or somewhere else to live, but for a home. Somewhere to really call our own. So when you think of us, pray that we'll find just the right place. 

Our baby boy was born! That and in it's self has taken up all my spare time. ;) The Good Lord knew just when we'd need a bit of encouragement and sweetness. He certainly has been one of the biggest blessings of my life. Because the instant you pick him up, all the cares of the world vanish away. 


Josiah Elias. I'll tell you about his name in another post, which will be all about him. 

To put it plainly, he is the cutest little cheesecake I ever saw. 

B&W  <3

He'll be the most photographed muffin in the world. :)

So look around you and see the dearness of life. Don't let a precious moment, however small, slip by, simply because you're having a rough day. That will never do, never. ;)

P.S. I'm scarce around here, and I know it. But thank you all for reading my posts anyway, and sharing in the bits of my life that I post. Your comments mean much, and I appreciate y'all. ;)

8 comments:

Heluvsme said...

So wonderful to see your post! Prayers for you and your family and huge hugs! Josiah is absolutely stunning. xoxoxo

Flame of Jah said...

Thank you for the update Danielle, I am glad y'all are doing well, I will be praying for you. Y'all are looking for a new home? Why not come here, I could write full page add for Oklahoma, good laws, low taxes, and besides we'd love to have y'all as neighbors, :),

God Bless,

Flame

Michaela said...

Danielle, you seriously have the CUTEST siblings on planet earth. o.O Not only are you a fantastic photographer, but you have adorable subjects. ;) Thanks so much for sharing. You make me smile. (I think I have an email to answer at some point, yes? Will be getting to that ASAP.)

Love you, girl-friend!

~ Mich

Abi said...

Congratulations! A new baby is always such a blessing and a joy. Josiah is positively melting my heart right now. :)

Four Young Ladies at Home said...

Josiah is SO cute! I would love to hold him... <3 What a cutie-pie!

~Emily

Patrizia said...

you really do have the cutest siblings ever! I love them!

Anonymous said...

So good to hear from you on hear, Daniellie! I will certainly be praying that you all will find a home. Praise God again for precious Josiah! He's so beautiful (ok, I know he's a boy, but he's still a baby, so I can call him beautiful)! He must be your brother. ;-) I miss you a lot and hopefully will see you soon!

Love ya,
Sarah

Flame of Jah said...

Well, it has been almost two years since you posted, maybe this comment will get you back :P